patriot's levels of surface preparation
This level entails pressure washing only. Patriot uses 2500 psi which is the equivalent of a soft wash - enought to clean surfaces but not enough to damage surfaces.
This level typically does not entail further preparing or coating of surfaces. This is a stand-alone service.
Level 2 entails pressure washing and then the standard suite preparation services that include:
- Scraping away loose, flaking paint.
- Scuff sanding bare surfaces to ensure adhesion of paint.
- Priming of bare surfaces to further ensure adhesion.
- Resetting of any loose items such as soffits, trim, siding, and fascia.
- Resetting loose nails.
- Recaulking of all surfaces as is best practices including where siding meets trim, around windows & doors, & soffit corners.
- Replacement of damaged wood and/or siding as needed.
- Protection of unpainted surfaces to prevent overspray.
- One coat application of all surfaces after preparation is completed.
This level includes all surface preparation services listed in Level 2 but includes a minimum of 2 coats of paint. Three coats are automatically applied on surfaces that are 3 feet from the ground or a roof line.
Certain surfaces automatically receive a third coat such as stucco or unpainted brick.
The warranty for this level varies from 6 years to 12 years depending on the paint grade chosen.
LEVEL 4 RESTORATION
Restoration is defined as the removal of all coats of paint or stain from a surface by mechanical or chemical means in order to bring all surfaces down to the bare wood before recoating with a minimum of two coats.
Level 4 is rarely chosen due to the added cost which could exceed 90% of the original quote.
Should you have further questions about this or any level please refer to your Project Coordinator.